446506-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

446506-001

446506-001

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hard Disk Enclosures - What are they & why would I use one

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Hard Disk Enclosures - What are they & why would I use one Empty
PostSubject: Hard Disk Enclosures - What are they & why would I use one   Hard Disk Enclosures - What are they & why would I use one I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
What is a Hard disk drive Enclosure and learn how to use one? A hard drive enclosure (sometimes also called a Hard Disk Case or Hard disk drive Caddy) is simply an external case that 鈥渆ncloses鈥? a hard disk drive and turns it within an external device which will then be connected with your PC via USB, Firewire or even eSATA. There are lots with external hard drive solutions in the marketplace from companies like Maxtor, Freecom as well as Lacie but these 鈥渟olutions鈥? include the Hard Disk along with the enclosure. Great if you just want to buy something off the particular shelf but, if you鈥檝e got a difficult disk that you鈥檝e salvaged from a vintage PC then its significantly cheaper to order a Hard Disk Enclosure and utilize Hard Disk you need to create your own solution. There is nothing intimidating about employing a Hard Disk Enclosure 鈥? think about it as a 鈥渢ray鈥? that you slot the Drive into (secured by a few screws) and with external connections that help you connect the enclosure in your PC. They are easy to use, great for recovering data from old Computer drives and excellent for recycling old data. There are a few options to take into account when considering a Hard disk Enclosure: Hard Drive Measurements (physical not storage capacity): Hard Disks come on two basic sizes subject to whether they are designed to be used in a new Laptop of Desktop (Tower) HOME PC. A Laptop Hard Drive is identified as a 2. 5鈥? Hard disk whereas the Hard Disk from your Desktop PC is 3. 5鈥? /li> Interface: Most new Hard Disks turn out to be SATA (Serial-ATA) disks but if you're looking to use a hard disk salvaged from an oldtime PC its probably going to have IDE interface (also termed ATA or PATA). The IDE interface is pretty simple to distinguish as it contains 2 rows of 22 Pins along side connection interface. A SATA Hard Disk will need to simple plastic looking connectors Connection Type: USB &amp; Firewire connections are the most typical ways to connect a difficult Disk Case to your computer or Mac some newer cases have eSATA as an preference. Your choice of connection are frequently dependant on the computer/devices you should use your hard drive with and when you鈥檙e not sure you may buy cases with multiple interface options but bear in mind these will cost much more than say an enclosure that only connects via USB. Number of Bays: Single and dual bay enclosures can be found. A dual bay enclosure may take two Hard Disks and several support RAID so both devices can be set approximately appear as a simple drive or support 鈥渧irtual back-up鈥? options across both Hard drives. With any hard dr, whatever the protocol, you also need take into consideration exactly what you will use it for, as well as consider these four components: If you need any advice on choosing the ultimate Hard Disk Enclosure then feel liberated to contact the team at USBNow <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://446506-001.forumotion.com

Hard Disk Enclosures - What are they & why would I use one
Page 1 of 1