446506-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

446506-001

446506-001

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

That may be Antique and is it Worth Anything.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

That may be Antique and is it Worth Anything. Empty
PostSubject: That may be Antique and is it Worth Anything.   That may be Antique and is it Worth Anything. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:58 pm

That may be an antique and is it worth anything? Would you understand?
At some point in our lives many of us are going to put prepared where we have in order to ask ourselves the question- Which of my treasured possesions must keep because they might be worth something and which often can I throw away?
Are you willing to know??
We start our own homes complete with enthusiasm and while using lovely clutter that accounts for our lives and that of the family, but as time continues on, the children leave property, we decide to proceed to a smaller house and also we decide to are living abroad. At that stage we decide what to keep and what to part with.
As an antique dealer in the past I'm often invited into homes to assist customers with just who question - or that has a cry for HELP!!
Certainly, we all have items we wouldn't spend for a million unwanted weight, precious bits and pieces passed on from parents and bit of presents from partners, little children and grandchildren. Then there's the layer of semi-precious goods that, to make a little more room, we could spend. Put these to just one side and we'll revisit them later - this second best treasures.
However, the key 'cupboard fillers' are a seriously different matter! How countless teas services, lace cloths and glasses do we require? In fact, be actually honest, when was earphones time you set the table using a starched cloth and most of the cutlery amd glassware reciprocal?
Call me a slut, but I serve friends with herbal tea in china beakers. Wine is poured into glasses who are dish-washer friendly and your crockery and cutlery is definitely interesting........... mish-mash. It's the business and stimulating converstion that may be important I tell average joe.
So what should most of us keep and what should we spend? We've carefully put our special treasures to just one side and now we will need to invite the children within look through the 'second best' items.
Make sure they have an opportunity refuse any bits you're thinking of parting with. An old scruffy chair to your state of mind might be a favourite to them and the comfy setting for many a bedtime story.
About the personal note after this mum died, my cousin and I were clarifying her things and people found an enamelled platter of little value. Ir was dress yourself in one side to have for the charity shop any time my son asked if he could have 'the money dish'. 'Which finances dish' I asked. 'The engineered so gran always kept the pound coins directly into give us when everyone visited'. Luckily the 'money dish' was transferred to a very satisfied grandson.
So now the, and possibly the grandchildren, have tried their pick. Time to decide what you’ll do with the rest. Space might see how thorough the pruning has to be, but it's worth knowing everything you could sell and what you'll have to give away.
Still antiques come and visit 'in fashion'. At once the style is minimal. One carefully placed figurine, one item of polished glassware, not the over-the-top, no inch of wall expressing, style of the Victorians!
Most things needs polishing, ie, office assistant, brass, silver and silver plated objects are unpopular especially along with the younger generation who find a way to juggle a full-on family/working lifespan. Equally, if it won't will end up in the dishwasher, it's a no-no!
So we're narrowing the field of that which we can easily sell.
Small to medium sized, exquisite, exciting little sections are desirable. It's an easy task to get good prices for antique sewing items, components thimbles, old needle places, silk winders, buttons, still wooden cotton reels and pin cushions.
Another very collectable area is -- drinking! Old cork screws, bottle openers, wine and also spirit labels, champagne taps, spirit measures and therefore the pub water jugs for serving up using a glass of whisky.
Check through your drawers for old fountain writing instruments and pencils and boys would be boys so hang upon any sporting memorabilia. Are you willing to believe that a feather filled golf ball fetched £ 6, 000 and old sets, tennis rackets and snooker cues together with balls are highly collectable.
Nicotine acessories are politically erroneous, but old silver vesta cases, cigar cutters and interesting cigarette lighters can fetch a tidy sum.
Won't neglect the children's gift cupboard. Early tin toy characters, lead soldiers and recently Star Wars and Harry Bond can raise precious cash. Would you fancy parting with over £ 1, 000 in a Victorian marble? Well it's happened by having a German end-of-the-day onionskin marbled, so sift with caution.
So there's a few tips when planning a life laundry. Lots more advice to check out because I have a little bit corner of the shop at present where I'm selling trendy clothing, shoes, handbage and costume jewellery and going down very good, especially with the younger population.
Until then, happy early spring cleaning!!
Loads of similar articles plus a newsletter and resources meant for Antiques and Collectibles within: http: //www. architus. com
We run a but beautifully formed General Antiques Shop which can be situated in Kirkby Lonsdale In the Yorkshire Dales/Cumbria Border.
Back to top Go down
https://446506-001.forumotion.com

That may be Antique and is it Worth Anything.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
446506-001 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: